Heavy industry ventilator - Aerox
The Aerox louvred ventilator is a highly efficient weathered natural ventilator, which is also suitable for smoke control projects. It is particularly suitable for use in heat-intensive and noisy industrial buildings where there is a premium on available roof space for such equipment.
It has labyrinthine louvre blades that provide continuous, rainproof ventilation. It is lightweight, simple to maintain and install, and has a wide variety of ventilator options. It is suitable for day-to-day and smoke control natural extract ventilation. It has been tested and certified as a smoke ventilator to EN 12101-2 and is CE marked.
Features and benefits
Dual purpose - Aerox is classed as a dual purpose ventilator, providing both day to day and smoke control ventilation. It is generally installed onto roofs providing high level extract.
Many options - Either pneumatic or electric controls are available. Acoustic attenuators can be fitted underneath the unit. A 4-sided baffle can be fitted for enhanced performance.
Aerodynamically efficient – Aerox’s shape means that it makes excellent use of natural air currents and so it is highly aerodynamically efficient.
Weather resistant - When the weather is changeable or rainy, Aerox can remain open without risk of rain entry, because in this instance the shutter blades are moved to an opening angle of 45°. To ensure that no rain can enter the building, there is an elaborate system of louvres within the unit. Any droplets that come in past the shutter blades are collected and discharged to the outside.
Stability against collapse - Verified according to EN 1991: – Snow load to 1,33 kN/m2 – Wind suction load to 1,20 kN/m2
Easy to install – Depending on its size, Aerox can be delivered fully assembled to site. It has a wide range of base profiles to suit most sheeting, curb or other applications.
Relatively small footprint – because of its exceptionally high efficiency, it requires a relatively small roof area to achieve a high volume flow rate.
Durable - Aerox is manufactured from tough, corrosion resistant aluminium with stainless steel movable components.
Certified performance - Aerox has been exhaustively tested and certified to EN 12101-2: 2003 in accredited third party test laboratories and is CE marked.
Quality of manufacture - Aerox is manufactured under the ISO 9001 quality standard.
Dimensions / size range
- From 1000mm throat width to 3000mm throat width in 1mm increments.
- From 3000mm to an unlimited throat length in 750mm increments.
- Shutter blades fixed at the rainproof opening angle of 45°. Ventilator delivered without controls. This control option is not certified according to EN 12101-2.
- Shutter blades opened and closed by two double locking 1-stage pneumatic cylinders. Shutter positions: closed and 45°. This control option is not certified according to EN 12101-2.
- Shutter blades opened and closed by two double locking 2-stage pneumatic cylinders. Shutter positions: closed, 45° and 97°. This control option is certified according to EN 12101-2.
- Shutter blades opened and closed by two 24V DC electric actuators. Shutter positions: closed, 45° and 97°. This control option is certified according to EN 12101-2.
- With 4-sided baffle
- Without 4-sided baffle
- With seals to reduce air leakage when closed
- Without seals
- With acoustic attenuators
- Without acoustic attenuators
Colours / finishes options
- Mill finish
- Polyester powder painted to a RAL colour, standard 75 mu
- Onto a curb
- Onto roof sheeting
- 24V DC electric