Screening louvre 1UL - fixed metal external louvre system
Colt 1UL Universal Louvre is a roll-formed or extruded single (1UL) bank system, used for screening and/or ventilation. It is very often used as plant room louvre, or indeed anywhere where plant needs to be covered up.
1UL is a single bank louvre system designed for screening or cladding applications when rain defence is not of primary importance. Where rain defence is needed, we recommend the use of either 2UL or 3UL.
Features and benefits
Highly aerodynamically efficient – this reduces air resistance, allowing the plant and the aperture to be minimised thereby saving running costs.
Durable and maintenance free – UL is completely made from corrosion resistant materials.
Thermal expansion of the louvres enabled – the louvres are clipped (and not riveted or screwed) to structural supporting mullions.
Proven performance - UL has been tested to EN 13030:2001.
Easy to install – UL can either be delivered to site pre-assembled or as a kit of parts.
A wide range of options - it is available in various shapes, configurations, materials, finishes and coatings to meet the requirements of almost any project.
Louvres can be extruded or roll-formed; either mill finish, polyester powder painted or anodised; plain, perforated or stucco embossed.
Louvre panels can incorporate mitred corners, special shapes and louvre doors. Colt also has a range of turret units.
If noise reduction is required, acoustic louvre panels may be used.
Universal Louvre has been tested to EN 13030:2001.
- Universal Louvre 1UL/SH - minimum performance coefficient (Cv) of 0.43 (inlet) and 0.38 (extract). This is equivalent to Class 1 to EN 13030.
- For data on DH (deep) versions, please contact Colt.
Rain defence performance (to EN 13030)
Class D at all velocities. Single bank louvres are ideally applied in sheltered locations or where rain penetration may be acceptable.
- Tested to EN 13030:2001
Colt Universal Louvre is a versatile louvre system providing either screening and/or rain defence in a wide variety of product options, materials and finishes.
Louvre blades form an aerodynamically efficient profile to achieve a high degree of rain defence. Allowance is made for thermal expansion without distortion along the length of each louvre blade. Water drains efficiently onto the cill through the mullions.
Mullions are concealed at maximum 1250mm centres and the points of support along their length are set in accordance with prevailing site wind pressures (as calculated and specified by a structural engineer).
- Universal Louvre 1UL/SH - Single bank shallow section, front louvres at 50mm pitch
- Universal Louvre 1UL/DH - Single bank deep section, front louvres at 100mm pitch
- Horizontal inverted
- Mild steel
- Stainless steel
- Stucco embossed
Colours / finishes options
- Mill aluminium
- Anodised aluminium
- Polyester powder coated to a RAL colour, list of colours upon request
- Not relevant
- Aluminium bird guard
- Galvanised steel bird guard
- Aluminium fly guard
- Stainless steel insect mesh
- Single skin aluminium panel, mill finish
- Single skin aluminium panel with external decorative polyester powder paint finish to match louvres
- Insulated panel
- Visible frame double door
- Visible frame single door
- Concealed frame double door
- Concealed frame single door
- Turret unit(s)
- Circular panel(s)
- Triangular panel(s)